Can Women Participate in Walk A Mile In Her Shoes?
Absolutely! Women are more than welcome to participate in Walk A Mile In Her Shoes. Women can choose to do the Walk in heels or flats.
Do I have to pay a Registration Fee to participate in Walk A Mile In Her Shoes?
Registration for Walk A Mile In Her Shoes is FREE!
However, since the Walk is White Ribbon’s ONLY FUNDRAISING EVENT, we ask all participants to fundraise in order to participate in the event. There is no official fundraising minimum but participants are encouraged to try to raise at least $350.00.
If you need ideas on how to fundraise, please feel free to get in touch with us!
How many people can be on my team?
There’s no limit to the number of people who can be on your team – the more, the merrier!
We’ve had teams with close to 100 team members, and we’ve had teams with only two team members.
Where Do I Get My Shoes?
The number one question we hear from men who want to participate in Walk A Mile In Her Shoes is “Where Do I Get My Shoes?”
There are a number of options –
- Fundraise $1,000 or more by May 1st and White Ribbon will provide you with your very own pair of Walk A Mile In Her Shoes signature red pumps.Shoes will be provided at the event and are yours to keep.
- Fundraise $350 by May 1st and White Ribbon will loan you a pair of shoes from our shoe inventory.Shoes will be provided at the event and we ask that you return them at the end of the Walk.
- Buy a pair of shoes from Town Shoes, our official Walk A Mile Shoe PartnerTo find a store near you, check out Town Shoes website – www.townshoes.com
If you are buying shoes, remember that men’s and women’s shoe sizes are different. Men need to add 1.5 to 2 sizes to their shoe size when buying women’s shoes.
If you require shoes that are larger than size 11 (women’s), you may need to visit a store that specializes in larger sizes. Please contact us and we will be happy to help you find a store.
- We will have some shoes for rent at the event ($10 rental fee per pair).
If you would like to rent shoes, please let us know in advance – send an email to [email protected] and please include your shoe size as well as your First and Last Name.
How are the funds raised at Walk A Mile In Her Shoes used?
Funds raised at Walk A Mile In Her Shoes will be used to support White Ribbon’s work in the following areas –
- What Makes A Man – The White Ribbon Conference
Our annual conference brings together over 300 men, from all walks of life, to discuss everyday steps they can take as male allies working to end violence against women and girls.
- Violence Prevention Workshops
White Ribbon delivers engaging workshops for middle school, high school and post-secondary students, reaching close to 10,000 young people each year.
- Capacity Building and Technical Assistance
White Ribbon provides technical consultation for NGOs, governments and the United Nations around engaging men in ending gender-based violence.
How can I get more involved with White Ribbon and Walk A Mile In Her Shoes?
We’re always looking for people who are interested in helping plan and promote Walk A Mile In Her Shoes. We have a volunteer committee that works on marketing, communications, recruitment, and event-day logistics for the Walk. If you would like to join the Walk A Mile In Her Shoes Committee, please email us to request more information (send your email to [email protected]).
If you have any other questions about Walk A Mile In Her Shoes, or would like more information, please contact us.