Becoming a White Ribbon Learning Partner Training
Registration fees include the two-day training, materials, lunch and refreshments on both days. Travel expenses and any other costs are the responsibility of participants.
Are you keen to build your understanding, and skills to engage men and boys to promote healthy masculinities, gender equality and prevent gender-based violence in your community? Join White Ribbon for a participatory two-day training to explore promising practices in the field, and gain access to White Ribbon programming and activities. The training is open to participants across the gender spectrum wanting to deepen their awareness and practical skills in this evolving area.
Benefits to Participants;
- Enhanced understanding of approaches, promising practices and challenges to effective male engagement for gender equality and GBV prevention;
- Learn from leading practitioners in the field;
- Gain access to numerous White Ribbon activities and methodologies to engage men and boys;
- Connect with other practitioners and organizations which are building their capacity in this area
Day 1: Setting a Strong Foundation
- Introduction and background about White Ribbon
- Unpacking masculinities using feminist approaches
- Exploring the current climate of male ally-ship in the #MeToo era
- Key Frameworks and approaches
Day 2: Key Skills and Activities to Promote Healthy Masculinities
- Key skills in facilitating gender transformative workshops
- Exploring strategies to overcome resistance and defensiveness
- Exploring key White Ribbon activities
- Action planning
At the conclusion of the 2-day training, participants will receieve a certificate as a White Ribbon Learning Partner.
Note: Location subject to change to another Toronto location based on confirmed number of participants.