White Ribbon positively engages men, young men and boys through relevant educational programming that challenges language and behaviours, as well as harmful ideas of manhood that lead to violence against women.
Our programming includes:
- Engaging workshops. presentations and talks for middle, high school and post-secondary students as well as people from all walks of life.
- Trainings and presentations for educators and teacher candidates around promoting gender equality in classrooms and schools.
- Sessions explore realities for women and girls as well as pressures on men and boys and ways they can become allies for change that affects everyone.
- Sessions & topics include “Who’s The Man?’, “Blueprints for Change’, “Behind The Masc” and “How Homophobia Impacts Heterosexual Males.”
To book a White Ribbon workshop, training or presentation, please fill out our Workshop Request Form online.
Please visit our Events page for a calendar of upcoming workshops, seminars, talks and more!
- Encouraging and inspiring fathers, father figures, educators, community leaders, coaches and family members to embrace being positive, strong role models for the young men and boys around them by valuing women as equal and teaching how to have healthy, equal relationships.
- Tips, Tools, e-Modules and Videos to view and share.
- Interactive campaign that aims to engage Ontarians in a dialogue about sexual violence.
- Challenging common myths about sexual violence, equipping bystanders with information on how to intervene safely and effectively.
- Series of scenario postcards and posters, PSAs and podcasts.
- Annual Conferences in partnership with Elementary Teachers Federation of Ontario bringing boys together to discuss gender equality, respect and healthy relationships and steps they can take to make a difference. Uses interactive workshops, drama, art, video, peer educators and other engaging facilitation styles, guest speakers.
- Partnership with Status of Women Canada and Tim Hortons,
- Utilizes the power of student- led initiatives and athlete testimonials to address gender-based violence in secondary schools in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Promoting and supporting equitable, healthy relationships and safe environments for all students, Make The Call empowers and inspires students to engage their peers and communities in ending all forms of violence against women and girls.
- This initiative is proudly brought to you by the Toronto Argonauts and White Ribbon.
- ‘What Makes A Man’ is a discussion-focused two day event exploring how ideas of masculinity and gender affect everyone in all walks of life. The unique trademark of WMAM is how we reduce the line between expert and listener, as we are all experts in our lived experiences! Diverse speakers will share short informal talks designed to spark a following discussion with the audien
- This year’s conference took place on November 22nd and 23rd, 2013. Full details can be found on the What Makes a Man website.
- White Ribbon’s Education and Action Kit is used by hundreds of thousands of teachers and students in 3000 schools across North America. Teachers and students have used the Kit and related White Ribbon resources with enormous success. The Kit combines in-class lessons with school-wide projects to raise awareness about violence against women, and to promote ideals about gender equality and healthy
- relationships. It is designed as a positive resource for both females and males.
- Please view examples of Exercises 1 & 6 in PDF format here: Exercise 1 | Exercise 6
- The Education and Action Kit is available for order, along with other educational materials and campaign products, via our Online Store.
- The Campaign in a Box is a set of fully interactive exercises designed to help teach and promote healthy equal relationships among boys and girls in grades 5-8.
- The kit PDF can downloaded free of charge in French and English [right-click “save as”]
White Ribbon is also: