White Ribbon is the world’s largest movement of men and boys working to end violence against women and girls to promote gender equity, healthy relationships and a new vision of masculinity. Since its inception, the movement has spread to over 60 countries around the world. A Canadian non-profit charity, White Ribbon originally came about as a result of the Montreal massacre in 1989 at Montreal’s École Polytechnique.
Vision: A future with no violence against women and girls
Mission: Engaging men and boys in the prevention of gender-based violence by promoting gender equality and working to transform harmful and violent aspects of masculinities.
Working across a spectrum of prevention: by challenging individuals on their own actions and beliefs; working with families and fathers; mobilizing communities; transforming organizations and institutions; and advocating for systemic change.
We believe that men and boys have the potential, the possibility and the promise to be part of the solution to ending violence against women and girls.
White Ribbon works with men and boys to decrease the incidence of violence against girls and women by changing the way men and boys think about masculinity. We have the most impact when we engage a broad-base of supporters to join us in fulfilling our mission of a future free of violence.
This is why we need you. Our White Ribbon Event Coordinator is responsible for managing all the on-the-ground logistics for our annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event. You will be handling all vendor communications, coordinating delivery of assets to sponsors and advertisers, working with our PR team and performing a detailed post-event audit. It is a fast-paced and demanding role that requires a detail-oriented task manager and meticulous communicator.
This is a 200-hour contract to be divided between March and mid-June, with the majority of the time devoted to the five weeks running up to event day on June 7th.
The Walk a Mile Event Coordinator is charged with seven major tasks:
- VENUES. You are responsible for contacting venues, generating competitive quotes, coordinating the timely contract sign-off, and ensuring the costs are within budget
- AUDIO/VISUAL. Depending on the existing in-house A/V system & preferred supplier guidelines, you must source additional projection, lighting and sound equipment
- CATERING. Typically, we serve light food & refreshments to our hard-working volunteer teams during setup and teardown. You are required to ensure that this is done within budget
- EVENT PROGRAM. The day must run like clockwork. You are required to customize the detailed run-sheet; this includes precise timing of vendor delivery & drop-off, volunteer training and orientation, venue set-up and timing of the presentations. It also includes preparing material for speakers
- ENTERTAINMENT. We typically have a DJ or Band play before, during and after the walk. You are the point person to find great local talent
- VIDEOGRAPHER/PHOTOGRAPHER. You are responsible for ensuring we have 50+ quality photos of the event. Additionally, you are required to coordinate efforts with videographer to produce up to 5 x 2 minute vignettes on i) volunteer experience, ii) team participation, iii) individual participant, iv) sponsor experience v) public bystander
- VOLUNTEER COORDINATION. Working closely with your colleagues, you coordinate event volunteers and provide them with adequate training prior to the Walk.
- PRODUCTION COORDINATION. You will be responsible for coordinating print materials between partners, our team and the printers.
- SUPPORT. Working closely with our Fundraising Manager, you will support registered participants to maximize their fundraising and outreach efforts. This includes regular check-ins, fielding FAQ’s and coordinating arrival and flow on event day.
White Ribbon is looking for the following qualifications in a candidate:
- excited about event planning and management and you know the ropes;
- work well in teams and are a self-motivated; you are a problem solver;
- excellent communicator;
- cool customer;
- photoshop; illustrator knowledgeable
- work well with volunteers & have some experience in volunteer management;
- have used CRM and/or volunteer management software;
- eager to broadcast WRC’s work to your network
- are an organized and a proficient project manager;
- enjoy the field of customer service & relationship management;
- have a valid driver’s license,
White Ribbon is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package, and a collegial working environment.
Please fill out the following form to apply.
Application deadline is Tuesday, February 14th, 2017.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.