Host a Fundraising Event in Support of White Ribbon
Looking for a fun way to bring your friends, family or colleagues together and raise funds for a great cause? Why not host a fundraising event in support of White Ribbon?
You can have fun and make a difference at the same time!
Every dollar raised will bring us one step closer to ending violence against women and girls.
Ready to start planning your event?
Here are a few ideas to get you started.
We are always looking for new ideas – please share your stories with us! We want to be part of your success!
- Birthday Party
- Anniversary Party
- Holiday Party
- Retirement Party
- Wine tasting
- Garage Sale
- Bake Sale
SPORTING EVENTS AND TOURNAMENTS
- Games Night
- Softball Tournament
- Volleyball Tournament
- Golf Tournament
- Pool Tournament
- Other sporting events
- Host a walk, run, bike or dance-a-thon and have your family, friends, or co-workers pledge funds for your cause
- You can also skip, read, hike, knit, swim, bowl, skate – almost any activity can become an ‘A-Thon’
- Host a dress down or jeans day and donate the proceeds
- 50/50 Draws
These are just a few examples of the types of fundraising events you can host.
The sky’s the limit. BE CREATIVE! Host the event that will appeal to your friends and family. The event is what YOU make it!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
The key ingredient in any successful fundraising event is PLANNING.
If this is your first time planning an event, don’t be afraid to ask for help! You can contact White Ribbon, or enlist the help of a friend or family member who has experience planning events.
White Ribbon is here to help!
It’s easy to support White Ribbon by hosting your own event. We want your event to be a HUGE SUCCESS! We are here to help you get started and provide you with everything you need to plan your event and raise money to support our work. All you need is an idea and the commitment to carry it out!
Contact White Ribbon – email@example.com or 416-920-6684 x.21
Here are some of the ways White Ribbon can help with your event
- Advice and expertise
- Promotional support
- Letters of support to validate the authenticity of the event
- Information on tax receipting
White Ribbon can also help you
- Set a realistic fundraising goal
- Create an event budget
White Ribbon is not able to
- Reimburse you for any event expenses
- Share donor information or mailing lists
- Apply for a gaming license, on your behalf
- Find sponsors for your event
- Solicit prizes, auction items, or awards
A Note about Tax Receipts
- White Ribbon follows all tax receipting rules and regulations as set out by the Canada Revenue Agency.
- White Ribbon cannot issue tax receipts for any costs associated with your event.
- White Ribbon can issue tax receipts for donations of $20 or more; however, the issuance of tax receipts must be discussed with White Ribbon staff and approved in advance by White Ribbon.
- Ask yourself how important tax receipts are to the overall success of your event? Do you need to issue tax receipts for your event to be a success?
Before you start planning your event, please contact us.
You can fill out or download the Fundraising Event Application Form (PDF) and send it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can complete the form below.